Home » » New Job Particulars and Help

New Job Particulars and Help

Written By Andini Muthaharoh on Monday, June 3, 2013 | 11:53 AM

A few of you have sent me emails or asked questions in comments, so I'll try to answer them here.

How much money would you need to move?/Are you close to meeting your needs for the move?
I'm not close but I'm getting closer with the help provided by you wonderful people.  I've broken down my travel needs as such.
New tires for my car: $150
Oil change and check up to make sure car can make it: $50
Small rental trailer for belongings: $70
Gas: $500
Lodging on the way: $100 (I can camp in camp grounds or in my car if need be, I've done it before.  But showers are nice when you're spending all of your day in a car)
Food: $100
Medications I should fill before I leave: $227.82 (pharmacy is cutting me a break and doc will write a three month supply to get me through my benefits kicking in).
Desposit on rental near the new job: $400
Hotel there for the two nights before my rental is ready: $94
And, I'm sure there will be expenses I haven't thought of.  I'll need professional clothes for the new job.  Then there's getting all the things you end up buying to set up a new household.  I am already scouting out the Goodwill stores here for professional clothes.


I know that for some of you, that doesn't sound like a lot of money, but to me it's the Grand Canyon.  It's like, "if I can only make it across this....things will get easier." 

Have you already accepted the job?
I have to let them know on Monday.  That's why I'm stressing.  If I can't get there, I can't get there.  But, the job is mine if I want it.  I'm afraid to give notice here until I say yes there, but it will be less than two weeks notice for my job here.  It's unprofessional, but I'd do it just to have the stability the new job promises.

What's the pay at the new job?
Starting pay will be just under $14 an hour.  But, I would also get some limited benefits for the first six months (after two months) and full benefits after a year.   Pay would increase to $15.25 an hour after the first six months.   It works out to about $30,000 a year.  I've been working two jobs to make far less than that as it is now.  I could probably pick up a second part time job to stock money away for the future if I take the new job.

Have you thought of doing a GoFundMe account?
I looked at that.  I really don't know how it works or if it would work in the time frame I need this to happen.  But, if someone here has advise on how to do it, I would appreciate it.

Are you begging for money, again?
I don't think I've begged before. 
In this case, yes, I'm ashamed to admit that I am.  I really want to make this move happen.  I've been waiting for a big break like this.  It's a job in my field.  It's something that I can build into a self-sufficient career.  I feel like not jumping on this would be wrong and I'm going to do what it takes, even if it means "begging", to try to make it work.  I KNOW this is sad and pathetic and all of those words that we use to degrade people on the internet.  I wouldn't blame anyone for taking some offense to my post.  I never want to do it again - it's hard to ask for help and it's degrading to beg.  I'm just out of options.  I've been doing the best I can. 
Don't stress if you can't help.  I am not expecting anything from anyone.  It's only a request. When I was discussing this with a reader via email, they said, "You never know...maybe there's a wealthy do-gooder who wants to adopt you!"  Ha ha! I just think this is too important a crossroads in my life to not go all out to try.   I will regret it more if I don't ask for help and the help was there all along.   If you can understand that, thank you.  If you can't, then I get it.  Your readership and friendship is enough and it always will be.

Heard any more about your mom's plans?
Honestly, it sounds horrible, but I haven't been worrying about her.   She's going to be taken care of in some fashion between my brother and the organization (allegedly).  She may even marry again.  I love her and am still grieving for her loss, too.  But, even if it sounds mean and un-mournful, I need to worry about my own life now.  My bogey man is mostly gone and this is a step towards making my family see that I am going to be okay despite them and their belief system.  As my brother said, "this is your life! Live it."
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2014. About Keys